Spectacular Copper Canyon
Note this trip is also included in our main long term caravans. Stand alone tour web site is HERE.
30 - 31 day Copper Canyon RV Caravan with a Mazatlan stay included. Feb 12, 2017
This all inclusive (excepting some drinks) excursion is a part of all our RV Caravan Tours. Pet sitting can be provided (at a reasonable cost) at the RV park in El Fuerte by the daughter of the owner. She is trustworthy, and will walk & feed your pets and put them inside your rig overnight.
Please note that Creel is at a high altitude and it is frequently below freezing overnight, especially in January. Our hotels are heated, but you should take warm clothing, as mornings & evenings can be very chilly. (note El Fuerte where you leave your pets is neither too cold nor too hot in January)
Note: A new zip line feature is now open at Copper Canyon, it is the highest & fastest in the world
Prior to our arrival for the Copper Canyon Trip:
-Meet in Nogales with members of our full caravan. Welcome dinner included in San Carlos. In Spring we make an overnight stop in Hermosillo, in Fall we push through.
-We spend 2 days in San Carlos and have tours of Guyamos, the Sea Lion show and the Pearl factory
-We spend 2 nights, one day, at the beach in Huatabampito
-In spring only, we spend a day in Alamos with tours
Day 1 Copper Canyon portion
- We arrive in El Fuerte and attend the El Zorro Show in the evening. El Fuerte is the birthplace of Zorro.
- We leave the campground in El Fuerte at 8:00 AM and catch the Expresso - First Class train to Creel. On this excursion you will be traveling through one of the deepest canyons in the world.
- It took more than 90 years to complete the construction of this incredible railroad, which crosses 39 bridges and goes through 86 tunnels.
- We will enjoy a delicious lunch in the dining car of the train en route.
- We will stop at Divisedero, which at 8070 feet above sea level offers a spectacular view of the canyon.
- We will transfer to our hotel in downtown Creel where we will be spending two nights.
- We will have dinner at the hotel, featuring live regional norteno music and wine.
- We will start the day with breakfast in the hotel at 7:30 AM, then follow that with a guided tour of the area around Creel. We will explore the regional lands of the Tarahumara Indians, inlcuding a visit to an ancient Jesuit Mission In San Ignacio and a cave dwelling. We will end up at Lake Arareco.
- As we tour the valleys surrounding Creel, we will have the opportunity to observe the living conditions of the Tarahumaras who still live in caves. We will also see dramatic rock formations and several other points of interest along the route, We will end up at the village of Basihuare where we will have a hot lunch before visiting a local church.
- After our stop at Basihuare, we will continue on to the spectacular Canyon of Humira, then visit a house of a Mestizo family on the outskirts of Creel.
- Dinner at the hotel.
- Following breakfast at the hotel, we board a bus for a 4 hour tour through the regional canyons. We will visit several sites of interest, including the famous Fertility Rock, Oteros Canyon and the four most impressive look out points in the heart of the Sierra Madre: The Balancing Rock, Las Escaleras, Belle Vista & El Puente. We then proceed to the Hotel Manison Tarahmara where we will spend the night.
- A full course lunch will be served at the hotel, then you will have the opportunity to walk along the Canyon rim and visit some Tarahumara famiiles who live near the Hotel. Those who wish may ride the new Cable Car (included), the worlds longest.
- You have a free afternoon that you may spend in the hotels warm pool & jacuzzi or relaxing in the bar & on the terrace.
- Dinner at the hotel with entertainment.
- Following breakfast at the hotel, we will view a presentation of traditional Tarahumara dancing and ball races.
- Before our return train arrives, you will have time to wander through the handicraft market near the station.
- As soon as we board the train we will have lunch in the dinning car
- We arrive back at the RV Park in El Fuerte in early evening
- We take an early river cruise in El Fuerte to watch birdlife, then we take a short walk to some ancient petroglyphs. We are also considering adding a 3 hour tour to a nearby cultural event.
Post Copper Canyon
7 nights in Mazatlan in Fall, 7 nights in Spring. RV parks & 3 tours with meals included.
One of our English speaking tour guides will escort you back to the border at Nogales. If you are having too much fun, you can probably pay the difference and join the entire caravan, certainly in Fall..
Included in the Tour
- Welcome dinner in San Carlos
- San Carlos tours including lunch
- All RV park fees
- Transfers from the RV park to and from the Railway station in El Fuerte
- English speaking guide
- First class round trip train tickets
- Transportaion at the far end
- 3 nights in high quality hotels with heated rooms
- Entertainment, wine with meal the first night
- Copper Canyon Cable Car (not compulsory)
- All entrance fees
- 10 meals while at Copper Canyon plus an extra meal in El Fuerte,
Also Included in the 30-31 day tour
- 7 nights Teacapan
- Mazatlan plus 3 tours.
- additonal farewell meal in San Carlos